Anti-wrinkle injections are recommended to those looking for a refreshed or preventative treatment for deep static lines. The most common focus areas include crow’s feet, forehead lines and frown lines. The treatment involves injecting small doses of a purified protein, which relaxes the muscles of facial expression. When the muscles are relaxed, the formation of new wrinkles is prevented.
The result is smooth, refreshed, and more youthful looking skin. Hang tight: it takes 2 – 3 days for Anti-Wrinkle Treatments to begin working, and 7 – 14 days for them to reach their full effects.
There may be some redness and swelling immediately after the treatment, but this will subside within 24 hours and does not make the treatment less effective.
The benefits of antiwrinkle injections can last 3 – 4 months and after this time muscles return to their previous state.
These injections are perfect for those looking for skin rejuvenation and prevention of skin aging. Anti-wrinkle injections can be used in conjunction with dermal fillers to achieve your aesthetic goals and restore facial harmony.
Although very rare, all cosmetic procedures carry some risks. Please note that these treatments are not suitable if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Other uses for Anti-Wrinkle
Hyperhidrosis, Hayfever, Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ)
After care following antiwrinkle injections
- Immediately after: Keep the treated area clean. You can take Panadol for pain or an antihistamine for swelling. It’s common to experience a headache and tenderness in the treated area.
- You will have to remain upright for 3-4 hours post treatment, please plan your appointment time to accommodate this. Try to avoid booking anti-wrinkle treatments late in the evening.
- For 24 hours after the treatment: Do not rub, massage, or place pressure on the treated area. Avoid exposure to extreme heat and do not exercise excessively for 24 hours. Avoid alcohol consumption for 24 hours. Do not apply makeup or skincare products with active ingredients for 24 hours.
- For 2 weeks after treatment, avoid other invasive skin treatments.
Other uses for Anti-Wrinkle
Axillary Hyperhidrosis treatment helps to reduce excessive underarm sweating in people who have overactive sweat glands. This condition can cause anxiety, embarrassment, and a lack of confidence for people battling with symptoms every day.
The same product used for anti-wrinkle injections is injected into the skin under the arms to relax the action of the sweat glands and reduce sweating to a regular amount.
Facial Slimming / Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ)
Face Slimming treatment is a popular facial sculpting technique using anti-wrinkle injections to relax the jaw muscles, and thin the masseters (chewing muscles) in the lateral jaw. The facial contour can therefore be altered with natural and subtle effects to achieve the highly desirable oval or ‘V’ shape.
This treatment has also been indicated for the treatment of TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint) disorders, by effectively reducing headaches and pain associated with TMJ, by reducing jaw tension.
As you are aware, anti-wrinkle treatments is commonly used for improving wrinkles from overactive facial muscles. It works by effectively blocking neural transmission at nerve endings on the muscle. Australian medical researchers have previously proven that it can also block neural transmission at the specialised nerve endings in the nasal cavity. These nerve endings or receptors react to stimulation by environmental allergens and provoke an attack of hay fever symptoms.
Therefore, by applying Botox in the nasal cavity, you can avoid the troublesome symptoms of hay fever – which Include
- Itchy, runny, or blocked nose
- Itchy, red, watery, and irritated, eyes