Guaranteed Skin Rejuvenation with Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Treatment in Melbourne
Draw on your body’s natural healing capacity and allow active skin rejuvenation with our Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment. Let acne scars, hollow facial structure, uneven skin texture and other skin ailments become a thing of the past and opt for a more youthful and vibrant look.
What is Platelet Rich Plasma Facial?
PRP facial is a clinically-proven and dermatologist-approved skin treatment known to enhance the healing capacity of your skin. With age, skin cells lose their natural regeneration power and become more prone to acne scars, fine lines and wrinkles. A platelet-rich plasma treatment involves extracting a rich concentration of platelets from your body and injecting it into the targeted area. Platelet is one of the key components of blood that initiate blood clotting after any injury. So, in PRP facial, when this plasma-infused blood is injected into your face, it triggers a healing process that helps reduce scars marks and restore the natural firmness and vitality of your skin tissues.
Platelet-Rich Plasma Facial Procedure
- We will extract a small amount of blood from your body using a syringe or similar methods.
- The amount of blood extracted will be directly proportional to the treated area. On average, at least 50 ml of blood is required.
- As platelets are the key requirement for a PRP facial treatment, other blood components, including Red Blood Cells, are separated. Through this procedure, PRP (Plasma Rich Platelets or blood with high platelet count) required for the treatment is obtained.
- Once the separation procedure is completed, the PRP will be extracted into a syringe and will be ready to be injected into the skin, where rejuvenation is requested.
- At last, a solution of Calcium Chloride is mixed with the extracted PRP to activate its rejuvenation factors and clotting mechanism.
- Before administering the platelet-rich plasma injection, the treatment area is cleaned and numbed using a topical numbing cream.
- The injection is administered to the area with the utmost precision to achieve the desired look without any complications.
Different PRP Treatments We Provide
At Bonnie Lass Beauty, we offer comprehensive Platelet Rich Plasma to accommodate diverse requirements. We adopt innovative techniques to deliver the most satisfactory and lasting results. Whatever your expectations from the treatment might be, our experts will see that you are satisfied with the procedure. We administer various PRP treatments, and you can pick the one that best suits your requirements.
- PRP Facial Around the Eyes As a platelet infusion is known to trigger the natural healing power of your skin, a Platelet Rich Plasma injection can be effective against acne scars. But note that a PRP treatment doesn't work with different facial scars, so initiate a consultation session before you proceed with the treatment.
- PRP Treatments for Acne Scars Have your cheeks started to look hollow or sunken and need a facelift? Then a PRP Facial Treatment can go a long way in achieving the desired look. It will give your skin tissues the required boost and a fuller and plumper look and feel.
- PRP Facial Treatments for Cheeks Have your cheeks started to look hollow or sunken and need a facelift? Then a PRP Facial Treatment can go a long way in achieving the desired look. It will give your skin tissues the required boost and a fuller and plumper look and feel.
- PRP Treatments for Hands Apart from your face, your hands are prone to active signs of ageing. From recurring spots and sagging skin to wrinkles and thinning skin, all become common once you cross a certain age. A PRP treatment boosts your skin skills and makes your skin look more firm, youthful, and less tired.
- PRP Treatments for Post-Baby Tummy As the abdomen stretches during the later stages of pregnancy, the postpartum belly is prone to sagging skin and stretch marks. Platelet Rich Plasma can help with skin tightening and reduce stretch marks. Also, as this treatment adds more volume and collagen levels, your skin will be rejuvenated from within.
- PRP Hair Treatments for Pattern Baldness Besides facial procedures, PRP treatments are most commonly used to treat pattern baldness or Alopecia in both men and women. If you are troubled by thinning or receding hairlines and are looking for painless and effective, PRP hair loss treatment could be your best choice. The PRP hair loss treatment is administered directly to your hair follicles to activate the stem cells and stimulate hair growth. But note that the results will vary from person to person. So, it's better to initiate the treatment after proper consultation.
Preparatory Procedure for PRP Facial Treatments
- Once you connect with our cosmetic experts, we will conduct a basic consultation session to understand your requirements.
- We will consider your expectations from the treatment, assess the area of your face you want to enhance and recommend which treatment and product is most appropriate for your desired result. We will also suggest how much dermal filler is recommended to achieve the best result.
- Your medical history will be examined to ensure you are fit for the procedure. If there are any complications, our experts will guide you and help you make an informed choice.
- We will take before and after pictures of the treated area so that you can compare the treatment results.
You can connect with our experts at Bonnie Lass Beauty to learn more about the treatment procedure.
Proven Applications of Platelet-Rich Plasma Injections
Platelet-rich plasma injections have many benefits, making them one of the most sought-after non-surgical cosmetic treatments. They don’t have any long-term side effects and involve a painless procedure, making them a preferred treatment among all age groups.
A platelet-rich plasma treatment is actively used to treat:
- Male and female pattern baldness
- Alopecia (spot baldness)
- Acne and other facial scars
- Stretch marks
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Periorbital dark circles
Other non-beauty applications of Platelet Rich Plasma treatment include:
- Treat chronic muscle and joint injuries
- Accelerate post-surgical healing
- Treat pain and stiffness associated with osteoarthritis
- Treat postpartum belly for scars and stretch marks
Depending on your needs, the nature of the treatment and care requirements will vary. Our initial consultation session is meant to understand your requirements and extend the most effective treatment procedure.
Frequently Asked Questions
The longevity of a PRP treatment depends on various factors, and therefore, it varies from person to person. For some, the treatment has lasted 8 months and for some patients, 2 years.
- The severity of the issue
- The healing capacity of your body
- Your natural blood platelet count
- Post-care procedure
- Skills of the cosmetic specialist
A platelet-rich plasma treatment has several clinically proven applications. A PRP treatment improves the healing power of your skin/cells and helps you deal with certain medical and non-medical conditions. If administered right, it can help treat hair loss, stretch marks, fine lines & wrinkles, dark circles, and sagging skin. Also, it can be used to cure chronic muscle and joint injuries, accelerate post-surgical healing and treat osteoarthritis.
No, a platelet-rich plasma treatment is effective for both men and women. Certain applications of the treatment, like treating postpartum belly for scars and stretch marks, are meant for women, but both men and women can avail of PRP injections to treat active signs of ageing and hair loss.
Everyone will have a different experience. Depending on your pain threshold, you may experience little to mild discomfort. If the experience becomes too intense at any stage, you can ask your injector to take a short break. Focus on breathing steadily through your nose to take your mind off the procedure and help the professional do their best work. After the procedure, the enhanced area will receive another clean, and an ice pack will be applied to reduce swelling.
In Australia, an average PRP treatment costs between $500 – $1,500. The price depends upon various factors like treatment area, the severity of the issue, sessions required, etc. To learn more, you can sign up for a consultation session with our experts, who will take you through the price chart.
While mild and infrequent, there are certain complications associated with PRP treatment. These won’t last for a long duration but can surface and cause you some discomfort. But these side effects will subside with time and give you the expected results.
- Skin rash with itching
- Skin redness
- Postinflammatory hyperpigmentation
- Skin dryness
Our cosmetic experts will guide you through the post-care procedure, so you won’t have to worry about any lingering complications.